- Provide education, resources, and support to kidney cancer patients and caregivers
- Identify patients’ and researchers’ unmet needs
- Engage and educate policymakers on the urgency of kidney cancer research funding
- Urge Congress to fund kidney cancer research
- Increase CDMRP Kidney Cancer Research Program and NIH funding through advocacy
- Provide direct funding to promising ideas
- Propel collaboration and progress in kidney cancer research (Kidney Cancer Research Summit)
- Grow the community of kidney cancer researchers
- Support the development of new treatments by educating patients on trial access and enrollment
- Identify new unmet needs, set new goals, and keep working
Our mission is to accelerate cures for kidney cancer. We engage in patient advocacy and power research by supporting government and industry research funding, facilitating research collaborations, and offering direct financial support for clinical and laboratory researchers with promising ideas. Together, we can find the cure.
You’re not alone. We’ve put together a Patient Resource Center to help you navigate a new diagnosis and beyond. Learn about kidney cancer, various treatment options, patient education events, and how to live well with cancer.
BUILD A CARE TEAM
Join Our Grassroots Army
What are we advocating for?
Awareness? Funding? Research? Cures?
When we formed KidneyCAN in 2016, the amount of money Congress allocated specifically for kidney cancer research was $0. Through advocacy, we’ve generated $235 million in research funding in six years. That’s the power of a unified voice!
KidneyCAN is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit and does not receive any funding through the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) or KCRP (Kidney Cancer Research Program). Our work is funded by grassroots donors in the kidney cancer community.